Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Today is Wonderful

Today is wonderful. It felt just right this morning when we left to go swimming. A surreal morning where things fall in place and allow you to enjoy the blessings around you. Arriving at the swimming pool I was worried that they were not going to hold swim team today as no one was in the pool. Apparently someone was not having a good morning and got sick in the pool. So they moved to the small indoor pool for the day. They decided to practice starts so the far end of the pool was clear so Ashton and I got in. Today I think he actually enjoyed himself. For the first time he got to splashing around. Though he always looked confused when the water would hit his face. I am always amazed at the speed of which babies learn things. Here he is 3 months and just seams to make the connections quite quickly.

The other day Rich was reading Sabrina a bedtime story with Ashton on his lap. I guess something was funny on the page because Ashton kept laughing at the book. His giggles are still quite new so even Sabrina will tell us to be quiet so she can listen to him laugh.

We don't have any close family here in Mississippi, but I have found that it does give you close connections to others that you would never get otherwise. I deeply appreciate the daily stranger that makes my day a little brighter. This morning it was a sweet black grandmother in the pool getting her workout done. I am grateful to her because she allowed me to share some of Ashton's smiles with her. It is always fun to have someone else tell you that you have cute kids. Sabrina and Ashton truly have been a joy.

We finally bought a new camera so pictures are soon in coming.

No comments: