I love Sundays, the break in routine is so nice and welcome. Now with Ashton it brings new surprises.
This past Sunday was classic. Rich needed to go into work just after the passing of the Sacrament. So that left me alone with Sabrina 5 and Ashton 3mo to finish off the meeting. Well I lead the music so when the it was time for the intermediate hymn I needed someone to hand Ashton off to who was a little on the fussy side as this was nap time and church had thrown off the day. So I handed him off to the closest adult around me and headed up front to lead the music. Well the person I handed him off to decided to stand up to comfort Ashton. By now I am leading a song that jumps from 3/4 to 4/4 time. Sabrina all of a sudden realises Ashton is gone and gets up to go looking for him. After spotting him (and not with mom or dad) she heads over to the door insisting that they give Ashton to her. I mean while am trying to get Sabrina's attention to tell her no. Which is not working, more because she is choosing to ignore me than anything. Thankfully the song ends and I am able to break up the scene by taking Ashton. Sabrina is still demanding that Ashton should come to her. So walking her back to our seats I tell her I will not be handing Ashton to her. She decides to hit my arm in protest, I inform her that she has just lost the right to hold Ashton for the rest of the day. She sits down now angry and wanting me to know it.
Now the closing song comes up and I have to hand Ashton off again. This time he is asleep. All is well until Sabrina notices. Up, out and angry looking for Ashton. Well this time someone is in her way so she can't get to Ashton, I smile while leading the music thinking that we are going to make it. Oh no one will stop Sabrina around the benches she goes. Diving under the first two to get to her brother who by now is awake and vocalizing it. I finally catch Sabrina's attention and while leading the music with one hand, and smiling; Counting to 3 with the other hand (and still smiling) just laughing inside at how funny this must look, Sabrina knowing that I mean business decides to come up to the stand to tell me about it. I manage to get her to sit down (beside me up on the stand). Finally the song is over, but no one is getting up to say the closing prayer. That's because the person holding my "happy" baby is suppose to do it and they were a little distracted trying to keep Ashton quiet. After a good minuet they finally realized and handed off Ashton so we could end the meeting.
Well theirs always tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment